Monday, September 22, 2008

Stuffed Bell Peppers

I made these the other night and they turned out great. I know it's good when my husband has seconds and then eats leftovers the next day. :) It's a very adjustable recipe, just use what you have.

What you need:

Bell peppers
Instant Rice
Mild Italian sausage, cooked
Tomatoes, fresh or canned
Spaghetti sauce
Cheese

First you need to cut your peppers in half (doesn't matter which way) and clean them out. Then steam them in water for about 5 minutes. I made about 1 1/2 cups instant rice in a large bowl. Then I added the cooked sausage (you could use hamburger and add your own spices). I added a very large fresh tomato, chopped. Some spaghetti sauce for more flavor and then stuff the peppers. Top with a slice of your favorite cheese - I used Pepper Jack. Then bake for 15-20 mins at 375. Just long enough to warm them through and melt the cheese.

No comments: